Lesson Plan: The Celsius Thermometer Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and describe the Celsius thermometer and its uses.
Students will be able to
- define and describe Celsius thermometers and their uses,
- identify who created the Celsius scale,
- read a Celsius thermometer,
- compare the Celsius scale to the Fahrenheit scale,
- compare medical thermometers to Celsius thermometers.
Students should already be familiar with
- heat conduction,
- what temperature is.
Students will not cover
- measuring temperature related to the weather,
- details about how thermometers work,
- the importance of thermometers in everyday life.