Lesson Plan: Conditional Probability: Two-Way Tables Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to deal with the concept of conditional probability using joint frequencies presented in two-way tables.
Students will be able to
- understand and use two-way tables to calculate probabilities,
- find conditional probabilities using two-way tables.
Students should already be familiar with
- operations on events such as union and intersection,
- conditional probability and the formula ,
- two-way tables,
- basic probability rules,
- calculating combined probabilities.
Students will not cover
- two-way tables with more than three columns or three rows,
- Bayes’ theorem,
- checking for dependent or independent events.