Lesson Plan: Dot Product in 2D Mathematics • 12th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the dot product of two vectors in 2D.
Students will be able to
- find the dot product of two vectors in 2D, given in component form or represented graphically,
- understand and use the formula for a dot product to solve problems,
- understand the geometric interpretation of a dot product in 2D,
- validate whether two 2D vectors are perpendicular using the dot product.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the magnitude of a vector in 2D,
- vector operations in 2D.
Students will not cover
- finding the angle between two vectors in 2D using the dot product.