Lesson Plan: Order of Operations: The Four Operations Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve problems with two operations by knowing that we multiply and divide before we add and subtract.
Students will be able to
- state the correct order in which to perform multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction,
- evaluate expressions with up to two operations and numbers up to 100,
- write missing numbers or symbols into equations to make them true.
Students should already be familiar with
- times tables up to .
Students will not cover
- evaluating expressions with brackets,
- evaluating expressions with indices,
- evaluating expressions with fractions or decimals.