Lesson Plan: Frequency Tables Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to construct and interpret frequency tables for a set of descriptive or quantitative data.
Students will be able to
- construct a tally chart and a frequency table from a set of qualitative data,
- construct a tally chart and a frequency table from a set of quantitative data,
- read frequency tables,
- calculate percentages from frequency tables.
Students should already be familiar with
- classifying data as qualitative or quantitative,
- tally charts.
Students will not cover
- grouped frequency tables,
- frequency curves,
- calculating the mean, median, mode, or range of data sets.