Lesson Plan: Conservation of Elements Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the conservation of elements during chemical reactions.
Students will be able to
- describe how elements are conserved during chemical transformations,
- state how no element can appear or disappear during a chemical reaction,
- explain the conservation of elements using reactions of copper as an example,
- describe the differences between simple elements and compounds.
Students should already be familiar with
- chemical elements.
Students will not cover
- conservation of mass,
- details of chemical reactions.