Lesson Plan: Euler’s Formula for Trigonometric Identities Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to use Euler’s formula to prove trigonometric identities like double angle and half angle.
Students will be able to
- prove various trigonometric identities using Euler’s formula,
- use Euler’s formula to rearrange trigonometric expressions and solve trigonometric equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- complex numbers,
- the exponential function,
- the Pythagorean identity ,
- double-angle identities,
- sum and difference identities.