Lesson Plan: The Domain and the Range of a Radical Function Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the domain and the range of a radical function either from its graph or from its defining rule.
Students will be able to
- understand that, where is a positive integer
and are real constants, the radical function of the form
- ; if is an even,
- takes any real value; if is odd,
- find the domain and range of a radical function from its graph,
- find the domain and range of a radical function from its function rule.
Students should already be familiar with
- the domain and range of polynomial functions,
- cube roots and square roots.
Students will not cover
- roots where .