Lesson Plan: Dividing by 12 Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use various strategies to divide by 12 within the known times tables up to 12 × 12.
Students will be able to
- use models to divide by 12,
- skip count to divide by 12,
- use known multiplication facts to divide by 12,
- solve word problems involving division by 12.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting forward and backward in 12s,
- the 12 times tables up to .
Students will not cover
- quotients larger than 12.