Lesson Plan: Using Electricity Safely Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify electrical appliances and describe how to use them safely.
Students will be able to
- identify and name common appliances that use electricity,
- distinguish between appliances that use batteries and those that use mains electricity,
- identify the dangers associated with using electricity,
- describe how to use electrical appliances safely.
Students should already be familiar with
- common electrical appliances from around the house and the classroom.
Students will not cover
- how electrical circuits work,
- electrical insulators and conductors,
- first aid for electric shocks.