Lesson Plan: Comparing and Ordering Integers Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare and order integers and their absolute values.
Students will be able to
- compare integers and their absolute values,
- order integers and their absolute values from least to greatest or from greatest to least,
- order and compare integers represented in real-life situations.
Students should already be familiar with
- absolute values of integers,
- placing integers on number lines,
- ordering and comparing positive numbers.
Students will not cover
- adding and subtracting integers.