Lesson Plan: Line Integrals of Vector Fields Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to find the line integral of a vector field along a curve with an orientation.
Students will be able to
- find the line integral of a vector field along a curve,
- understand the properties of integrals of vector fields along curves, including independence of parameterization and dependence on orientation,
- use integration to investigate vector fields that do not come from a potential.
Students should already be familiar with
- dot and cross products,
- vector fields and potentials,
- gradients, divergence, and curls.