Lesson Plan: Sample and Population Methods Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine when to take a sample and when to use the whole population.
Students will be able to
- determine when it is appropriate to take a sample and when it is appropriate to use the whole population,
- identify the advantages and disadvantages of taking a sample or using the whole population,
- understand the difference between a sample statistic and a population characteristic.
Students should already be familiar with
- primary and secondary sources when collecting data.
Students will not cover
- types of sampling methods,
- biased and unbiased sampling.