Lesson Plan: Operations on Events Mathematics • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the probabilities of the complement, intersection, and union of events.
Students will be able to
- understand and use notation for the compliment, subset, intersection, and union of sets and the empty set,
- understand rules of probability, including the following:
- use rules of probability to calculate probabilities of complements, intersections, and unions of events,
- use probability rules to solve problems in context.
Students should already be familiar with
- probability of simple events,
- dealing with fractions and percentages.
Students will not cover
- the difference rule for probability,
- conditional probability,
- Bayes’s theorem.