Lesson Plan: Changes to Earth's Surface: Erosion, Weathering, and Deposition Science • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify, classify, and describe slow changes to Earth’s surface.
Students will be able to
- classify erosion, weathering, and deposition as slow changes to Earth’s surface,
- describe erosion, weathering, and deposition,
- describe the effect that wind and water have on Earth’s surface.
Students should already be familiar with
- defining a landscape as a stretch of land that can be seen from a place,
- defining landforms as features made of rock and dirt,
- describing different landforms and bodies of water on Earth’s surface.
Students will not cover
- quick changes to Earth’s surface such as volcanoes, earthquakes, landslides, and floods.