Lesson Plan: Changing Environments
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe measures humans can take to help them survive in their environment, how they can change their environment to meet their needs, and the effects this has on other organisms.
Students will be able to
- describe ways humans have changed their environment to meet their needs,
- describe measures humans can take to help them survive in hot and cold habitats,
- explain why humans are able to survive in a bigger variety of environments than many other animals,
- explain how humans changing the environment affects other organisms/living things.
Students should already be familiar with
- the basic needs of animals,
- traits that help living things survive.
Students will not cover
- limiting factors,
- how humans deal with floods, droughts, fires, and other natural disasters,
- how the human population has changed over time.