Lesson Plan: Dividing Fractions Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to divide proper fractions by fractions.
Students will be able to
- use models (shape-based models and bar models) to divide a fraction by another fraction,
- divide fractions by finding the reciprocal and multiplying,
- solve problems involving the division of two fractions.
Students should already be familiar with
- dividing unit and proper fractions by whole numbers,
- representing fractions using bar models/tape diagrams and shape-based models.
Students will not cover
- dividing improper fractions or mixed numbers.