Lesson Plan: Estimating Mass: Metric Units Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to estimate mass using metric units and choose the appropriate unit of measurement in a real-world situation.
Students will be able to
- choose to measure the mass of an object in either grams or kilograms,
- select the most likely mass of an object,
- estimate the masses of objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing the masses of objects,
- converting between kilograms and grams.
Students will not cover
- measuring objects in kilograms (kg) and grams (g).