Lesson Plan: Comparing Decimal Expressions
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare decimal numbers and decimal expressions using the four operations.
Students will be able to
- compare a number up to 1 000 with two decimal places to a decimal expression,
- compare two decimal expressions with the same operation,
- compare two decimal expressions with different operations.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to perform calculations in all four operations involving numbers with two decimal places.
Students will not cover
- calculations involving numbers greater than 1 000 and decimals with more than two decimal places.