Lesson Plan: Telling Time in 24-Hour Format Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to read and tell the time on a 24-hour clock and record the time in multiple formats.
Students will be able to
- understand that 24-hour time is written with 4 digits,
- convert time in words, including afternoon or morning, to 24-hour time,
- convert between digital clocks with am or pm and 24-hour time,
- convert between analog clocks and 24-hour time, including afternoon or morning.
Students should already be familiar with
- reading and writing the time to the nearest minute,
- am and pm.
Students will not cover
- converting between units of time.