Lesson Plan: Graphs of Logarithmic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to sketch logarithmic functions with different bases and their transformations and study their different characteristics.
Students will be able to
- evaluate and graph logarithmic functions with different bases,
- sketch transformations (translations, dilations, and combinations of both) of logarithmic functions,
- recognize the features and characteristics of logarithmic functions (increasing, decreasing, asymptotes, etc.).
Students should already be familiar with
- the exponential function,
- the definition of a logarithm.
Students will not cover
- the domain and range of logarithmic functions,
- natural logarithms,
- solving logarithmic equations graphically.