Lesson Plan: Properties of Nitrogen Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and explain the properties and reactions of the element nitrogen.
Students will be able to
- list and explain the physical properties of nitrogen,
- describe reactions of nitrogen,
- explain methods of nitrogen production in the laboratory and on an industrial scale,
- describe the production of ammonia in the laboratory and on an industrial scale.
Students should already be familiar with
- practical laboratory equipment,
- bond enthalpy.
Students will not cover
- details regarding the fractional distillation of liquid air,
- the Haber process.