Lesson Plan: Ordering by Length Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare more than two objects by length or height using the words “tallest,” “longest,” and “shortest.”
Students will be able to
- compare three, four, or five objects by length and height,
- identify the tallest or shortest of three, four, or five objects,
- identify the longest of three, four, or five objects,
- order three, four, or five objects by length.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing two objects using the terms “longer,” “shorter,” and “taller.”
Students will not cover
- comparing more than five objects,
- measuring objects.