Lesson Plan: Equivalent Fractions Using Multiplication Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply the numerator and denominator of a proper fraction by the same number to find equivalent fractions.
Students will be able to
- use pictorial models to explain how to use multiplication to find equivalent fractions,
- use multiplication to generate equivalent fractions.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding equivalent fractions using different representations, such as number lines, tape diagrams, and area models.
Students will not cover
- simplifying fractions,
- working with fractions greater than 1,
- listing factors or multiples.