Lesson Plan: Types of Electric Current Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students what the main types of electric current are and what sources produce them.
Students will be able to
- know that chemical batteries produce direct current,
- know that dynamos produce alternating current,
- know that direct current is a constant current in one direction,
- know that alternating current is a current that periodically reverses direction,
- determine whether a current is direct or alternating based on a graph of the current.
Students should already be familiar with
- what electric charge is,
- what electric current is,
- what potential difference is.
Students will not cover
- variable current,
- pulsating current.