Lesson Plan: Probability of Simple Events Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the probability of a simple event.
Students will be able to
- calculate the probability of a simple event, given the number of times the event occurs and the total number of outcomes,
- calculate the probability of a simple event, given the number of times various events occur,
- calculate the number of times an event occurs, given the probability of the event and the total number of outcomes,
- find the number of times an event occurs and its probability of occurring, given a particular scenario.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concepts of sample space and outcomes,
- dealing with fractions, primes, multiples, and factors (for questions involving these).
Students will not cover
- the probability of an event not occurring (the complement),
- the probability of compound events,
- experimental probability.