Lesson Plan: Transformation of Trigonometric Functions Mathematics • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to translate or stretch the trigonometric function and find the rule of a trigonometric function given the transformation.
Students will be able to
- find the coordinates of a point on a trigonometric graph after it has been transformed,
- translate the graph of a trigonometric function in the directions of the and ,
- stretch the graph of a trigonometric function.
Students should already be familiar with
- graphs of trigonometric functions.
Students will not cover
- rotations of graphs of trigonometric functions,
- reflections of graphs of trigonometric functions,
- reciprocal trigonometric functions,
- graphs of tangent functions.