Lesson Plan: Transformation of Trigonometric Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to translate or stretch the trigonometric function and find the rule of a trigonometric function given the transformation.
Students will be able to
- find the coordinates of a point on a trigonometric graph after it has been transformed,
- translate the graph of a trigonometric function in the directions of the and ,
- stretch the graph of a trigonometric function.
Students should already be familiar with
- graphs of trigonometric functions.
Students will not cover
- rotations of graphs of trigonometric functions,
- reflections of graphs of trigonometric functions,
- reciprocal trigonometric functions,
- graphs of tangent functions.