Lesson Plan: Logarithmic Equations with Different Bases Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve logarithmic equations involving logarithms with different bases.
Students will be able to
- find the solution set for an equation containing logarithms with different bases.
Students should already be familiar with
- properties of logarithms including operations such as multiplication and division and exponentiation,
- changing the base of a logarithm.
Students will not cover
- exponential equations,
- logarithmic equations with (only) like bases,
- graphs of logarithmic (or exponential) equations.