Lesson Plan: Comparing Groups by Counting up to 10 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare two groups of up to 10 objects by counting how many objects there are in a group.
Students will be able to
- count groups of objects to identify the smaller groups,
- count groups of objects to identify the larger groups,
- use the words less than, greater than, and equal to to compare groups of objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing groups of up to 5 objects,
- counting up to 10 objects.
Students will not cover
- the symbols , , or ,
- counting more than 10 objects.