Lesson Plan: Electron Beams Physics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the electrical properties of an electron beam and describe the uses of electron beams in imaging.
Students will be able to
- use the formula to find the kinetic energy, , of a particle of charge that has been accelerated across a potential difference ,
- combine with and ,
- use the formula to find the current of a beam of particles with charge that pass a point in space in time ,
- identify and describe how a beam of charged or neutral particles will be affected by charged plates,
- identify and describe how a charged or neutral particle will move when in a uniform electrical field.
Students should already be familiar with
- electrons, protons, neutrons, and alpha particles,
- electric charges,
- electric currents,
- electric potential difference.
Students will not cover
- the wave nature of electrons,
- electron diffraction,