Lesson Plan: Complex Number Conjugates Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the properties of conjugate numbers to evaluate an expression.
Students will be able to
- recall the notation used to represent a complex conjugate,
- find the complex conjugate of a given complex number,
- understand the relationship between a complex number and its conjugate,
- simplify and evaluate expressions involving complex numbers and their conjugates,
- use the properties of complex number conjugates to solve problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- complex numbers,
- adding, subtracting, and multiplying complex numbers.
Students will not cover
- dividing complex numbers,
- the modulus and argument of complex numbers.