Lesson Plan: Relating Force, Pressure, and Area Physics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the formula for pressure, 𝑝 = 𝐹/𝐴, to calculate pressures that are produced by forces acting on areas.
Students will be able to
- use the formula to calculate pressures, forces, and areas,
- convert between Pa and kPa.
Students should already be familiar with
- conversion between m2 and cm2.
Students will not cover
- pressure in fluids,
- problems involving forces acting nonnormally on surfaces,
- motion of objects that have pressures applied to them,
- mechanisms of production of forces.