Lesson Plan: Estimating the Sum and Difference of Fractions by Rounding Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to estimate the sum of or difference between two fractions by rounding to the nearest half.
Students will be able to
- round fractions to the nearest half to estimate the sum,
- round fractions to the nearest half to estimate the difference,
- estimate to solve word problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- rounding fractions to the nearest half.
Students will not cover
- adding and subtracting fractions by finding or creating equivalent fractions.