Lesson Plan: Domain and Range from Function Graphs Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the domain and range of functions from their graphs.
Students will be able to
- find the domain and range of functions given their graphs, including
- continuous graphs,
- piecewise graphs,
- graphs with undefined values,
- graphs with finite domain and range,
- graphs with infinite domain and range,
- graph a function and deduce its range.
Students should already be familiar with
- set notation and the real number system,
- graphing functions.
Students will not cover
- finding the domain and range of functions from their equations.