Lesson Plan: Ordering Three-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to order three-digit numbers from least to greatest and from greatest to least by comparing hundreds, tens, and ones.
Students will be able to
- order numbers with up to three digits represented by models,
- order numbers with up to three digits from greatest to least or least to greatest using place values,
- understand the words ascending and descending when ordering.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing three-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- ordering three-digit numbers on a number line,
- ordering numbers with more than three digits.