Lesson Plan: Solving Absolute Value Problems Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to solve equations involving absolute values algebraically and graphically.
Students will be able to
- solve absolute value problems that involve combining transformations, reflecting graphs in the - and , and finding the domain and range,
- state why the inverse of a linear absolute value function does not exist,
- sketch graphs of transformed linear absolute value functions and use them to solve equations and inequalities.
Students should already be familiar with
- absolute value linear equations,
- absolute value linear inequalities,
- reflecting graphs using the absolute value,
- combinations of transformations of functions,
- domain and range of functions,
- the inverse of functions.