Lesson Plan: Reflection of Light
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the fact that light travels in straight lines and explain how light reflects off different surfaces.
Students will be able to
- understand that light travels in straight lines,
- understand what reflection of light is,
- understand how the reflection of light enables us to see things,
- describe how light is reflected better from shiny surfaces like mirrors.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that we need light in order to see things,
- the fact that dark is the absence of light,
- examples of light sources including the Sun, candles, flames, and torches.
Students will not cover
- complicated examples of the reflection of light, such as reflections using periscopes or multiple mirrors.