Lesson Plan: Comparing Groups of Objects: Equal Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare two groups of up to five objects to identify which groups are equal using a matching strategy.
Students will be able to
- understand the terms equal and the same as,
- compare two groups of objects using a matching strategy,
- compare groups of up to five objects and recognize when they are equal.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting up to five objects.
Students will not cover
- comparing more than five objects,
- the symbols less than (), greater than (), and equal to (),
- comparing numerals.