Lesson Plan: Rounding Numbers up to 1,000,000,000 Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to round numbers with 7, 8, or 9 digits to any place value by using number lines and by considering the value of each digit.
Students will be able to
- round 7-, 8-, or 9-digit whole numbers to any place value using place value tables,
- round 7-, 8-, or 9-digit whole numbers to any place value using number lines,
- round 7-, 8-, or 9-digit whole numbers to any place value by considering the value of the digit on the right.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of numbers up to 1,000,000,000,
- using knowledge of place value to round numbers,
- representing numbers on number lines.
Students will not cover
- decimal numbers or mixed numbers.