Lesson Plan: Geometric Applications of Vectors Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use vector operations and vector properties to solve problems involving geometrical shapes.
Students will be able to
- use vector operations and vector properties to solve problems involving geometric shapes,
- use vector operations and vector properties to prove geometric theorems and relations.
Students should already be familiar with
- vectors and vector notation,
- triangle vector formula,
- vector addition and subtraction,
- vector magnitude.
Students will not cover
- problems requiring the scalar or vector products,
- real-life problems including speed or forces.