Lesson Plan: Dividing Numbers Using Repeated Subtraction Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to divide numbers using repeated subtraction.
Students will be able to
- relate division to repeated subtraction,
- model division on a number line using repeated subtraction,
- solve division equations using repeated subtraction,
- solve word problems using repeated subtraction.
Students should already be familiar with
- skip counting on number lines,
- the concept of division.
Students will not cover
- using related multiplication facts to divide,
- modeling division with groups of objects.