Lesson Plan: Integrals Resulting in Logarithmic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate integrals of functions in the form 𝑓′(𝑥)/𝑓(𝑥), resulting in logarithmic functions.
Students will be able to
- identify when an integration will result in a logarithmic function,
- perform an appropriate substitution for an integral to get it in the form ,
- perform indefinite integration on functions of the form , resulting in a logarithmic function,
- solve real-world problems involving integrations resulting in logarithmic functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- integration by substitution,
- indefinite integrals of reciprocal functions.
Students will not cover
- integrating logarithmic functions.