Lesson Plan: Graphs of Rational Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to graph rational functions whose denominators are polynomials, determine the types of their asymptotes, and describe their end behaviors.
Students will be able to
- identify the asymptotes of rational functions,
- describe the end behavior of rational functions,
- graph rational functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- sketching curves for polynomial functions.
Students will not cover
- graphing rational functions with more complicated denominators.