Lesson Plan: Measurement Tools Physics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify different tools for the measurement of fundamental physical quantities.
Students will be able to
- identify measurement tools used for measuring length, time, and mass,
- distinguish between higher- and lower-resolution measuring tools,
- identify readings on Vernier callipers and micrometers.
Students should already be familiar with
- the quantity mass (as distinct from the quantity weight),
- meanings of the terms quantity, unit, and value,
- unit prefixes milli- and micro-.
Students will not cover
- measurement uncertainties,
- measurement errors,
- quantities other than length, time, and mass.