Lesson Plan: The Ozone Layer Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives of the lesson teaching students how to explain the importance of the ozone layer and the ways in which it can be damaged.
Students will be able to
- describe the composition of the ozone layer,
- explain why the ozone layer is an important part of our atmosphere,
- list and describe ways in which the ozone layer can be depleted,
- explain Dobson units and the natural quantity of ozone expected in the atmosphere,
- give examples of different pollutants that damage the ozone layer,
- summarize ways in which the ozone layer can be protected,
- calculate the degree and percentage of erosion of the ozone layer.