Lesson Plan: Limits from Tables and Graphs Mathematics • 12th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate the limit of a function using tables and graphs.
Students will be able to
- find the limit of a function as it approaches a point using a graph,
- find the limit of a function as it approaches a point using a table,
- evaluate the limit of a function by evaluating the function in the neighborhood of the value the limit is approaching.
Students should already be familiar with
- piecewise functions,
- limit notation.
Students will not cover
- finding limits by direct substitution,
- evaluating limits using algebraic techniques,
- limits at infinity and unbounded limits.