Lesson Plan: The Comparison Symbols Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the comparison symbols for greater than, less than, and equal to when comparing numbers or groups of objects up to 10.
Students will be able to
- compare groups of objects using comparison symbols,
- read statements with comparison symbols,
- write comparison symbols to compare groups.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing groups of objects using the words less than, more or greater than, and equal to,
- comparing numbers up to 10 in words.
Students will not cover
- comparing numbers or groups of objects greater than 10.