Lesson Plan: Calculating Probability Using Venn Diagrams Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use Venn diagrams to organize information and calculate probabilities.
Students will be able to
- organize data using Venn diagrams to find probabilities,
- find probabilities of events using information presented in a Venn diagram,
- calculate conditional probabilities using Venn diagrams.
Students should already be familiar with
- probability of simple events,
- rules of probability,
- set notation,
- mutually exclusive events.
Students will not cover
- probability of difference between two events.