Lesson Plan: Multiplicative Comparison Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to model and solve multiplicative comparison problems using bar models and multiplication equations.
Students will be able to
- interpret multiplicative comparison statements,
- solve one-step multiplicative comparison word problems,
- draw bar models to solve multiplicative comparison word problems,
- write multiplication equations to solve multiplicative comparison questions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 times tables up to .
Students will not cover
- using algebraic expressions when solving multiplicative comparison problems.