Lesson Plan: Percentages of Amounts Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find 1%, 10%, 25%, and 50% of an amount.
Students will be able to
- model percentages of amounts using bar models,
- find 1% of an amount or a quantity,
- find 10% of an amount or a quantity,
- find 25% of an amount or a quantity,
- find 50% of an amount or a quantity.
Students should already be familiar with
- expressing tenths and hundredths as fractions and decimals.
Students will not cover
- percentages of amounts other than 1%, 10%, 25% and 50%.